Potential surrogates need to meet the Association for Reproductive Medicine’s qualifications and pass agency screening requirements. This screening process helps protect the health and safety of the surrogate, as well as the baby, and ensures you are physically and psychologically ready for the surrogacy process.
Screening requirements to become a surrogate:
● Be between the ages of 21 and 44
● Be within a healthy height and weight ratio of 35 BMI or less
● Be a non-smoker and not participate in illicit drug use (legal marijuana included)
● Cannot be receiving government assistance of any kind
● Have a healthy reproductive history; having given birth to at least one child of your own that you are raising
● Have no felony convictions
● Be free of non-treatable STD's
● Discontinue use of anti-depressants or anti-anxiety medications at least 3 months prior to surrogacy
● Be able to travel as needed for appointments
● Have a stable lifestyle and support system
We would love for you to contact us to learn more about becoming a surrogate.